Steve is Head of Client Solutions for Personal Strengths (UK) Ltd and is an experienced and highly motivational facilitator, trainer and senior manager with a proven record of success in a range of demanding and fast-paced environments. He has extensive experience of developing and facilitating training focusing on leadership, team dynamics, conflict management and personal development.
A skilled communicator and senior manager Steve has worked in partnership with a number of the UKs largest organisations in developing and delivering programmes that provide a lasting difference to both individuals and the business.
At his best when:
- Dealing with real life situations and challenges
- Being flexible in his approach to ensure the highest levels of learning
- Challenging existing thinking to ensure correct solutions found
- Encouraging high levels of behavioural change and employee engagement
- Stimulating personal accountability
Some of the things you might like to know:
Prior to joining forces with Personal Strengths (UK) Ltd in 2008, Steve was:
Sales and marketing Manager for Chartered Management Institute- Leading the development of client relationships and specifically leadership programmes across the UK. During this period Steve worked with organisations in most sectors of the UK helping with the identification of needs and design/delivery of programmes that made a lasting change to organisations whilst also providing the opportunity for individuals to achieve formal management/leadership qualifications.
Prior to joining Chartered Management Institute in 2002, Steve worked for 28 years with LloydsTSB Bank.
This included a period of approximately 10 years as a senior HR & L&D Manager with responsibility for all HR & L&D objectives for circa 2000 staff across an Area of the Retail Bank. This period involved the introduction of a revised Performance Management process & an extensive Quality Management training programme across the network branches. More recently, Steves time at LloydsTSB included an 8 year period as a Branch Director, of geographical areas of the Retail Bank. During this time Lloyds & TSB banks merged and the Branch Director responsibilities included the bringing together of staff from both organisational cultures into one cohesive team and the development of the management team to lead their teams in a consistent and effective way. The key to success included the:
- Development & empowerment of managers so they could run their own
- Providing support/development/direction at the appropriate level to each
- Motivating and giving focus whilst ensuring they were protected from
pressures from above
- Providing a framework to use when developing the potential of their own
- Guiding Managers and staff through periods of significant change